The name of your medicine is COVERSYL. The medicine contains the active ingredient perindopril arginine. Perindopril belongs to a group of medicines called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors.
WHAT COVERSYL IS USED FOR
COVERSYL is available only with a doctor’s prescription.
COVERSYL lowers high blood pressure, a condition which doctors call hypertension.
Everyone has blood pressure. This pressure helps get your blood all around the body. Your blood pressure may be different at different times of the day, depending on how busy or worried you are. You have high blood pressure when your blood pressure stays higher than is needed, even when you are calm or relaxed.
There are usually no symptoms of high blood pressure. The only way of knowing that you have it is to have your blood pressure checked on a regular basis. If high blood pressure is not treated it can lead to serious health problems. You may feel fine and have no symptoms, but eventually it can cause stroke, heart disease and kidney failure. COVERSYL helps lower your blood pressure.
Do not take COVERSYL if:
• You are allergic to perindopril, any other ACE inhibitor or any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet.
• You have experienced symptoms such as wheezing, swelling of the face, tongue, lips or throat, intense itching or severe skin rashes with previous ACE inhibitor treatment or if you or a member of your family have had these symptoms either spontaneously or, in response to another medicine in the past (a rare condition called angioedema).
• You are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
• You are breastfeeding or plan to breast-feed.
• You undergo treatments where your blood is treated outside of the body (also known as extracorporeal treatments) that may increase your risk of allergic reactions, treatments such as: